Wednesday, February 6, 2013

So Tired ....

This past Sunday I felt great on the BTC run.  Relaxed.  Comfortable.  And would have pushed the last few miles if Brisco hadn't started to lag behind.  I had the thought, "I think I might be getting into some decent training shape."

Tonight I am reconsidering that thought.  Maybe it's the consistent workouts over the past few weeks, the skiing, or more likely too many stouts at Southern Sun, but I really felt tired today.  As I rode the bus up to Eldora for week 3 of the Nighthawk series, I took a little nap.  Lunch at the Southern Sun was sitting heavy in my stomach.  Upon arriving to a calm, warm Eldora, I didn't have much hop to my step.

I did a good 10-15 min warmup.  But it didn't help.  I still felt really tired.  Once again the start of the snowshoe race would be uphill.  About two steps into the race, I didn't care.  I had no desire to run hard, to hurt, to be the least bit competitive.  3 guys pulled away, including Shawn who had edged me out last week.  The course was the same as last week, but run in the opposite direction.  On the downhill half way thru the first lap, I caught 3rd place.  Maybe I would be a bit competitive.  50 meters later on an uphill, he pulled away, with ease.  I didn't care.

So the 2nd lap, I ran, slowly, by myself.  Afterwards, I didn't do any cool down. There are times when you listen to your body.  Mine is tired.  So I am watching this week's episode of The Americans on FX (my replacement now that American Horror Story has wrapped up for the year.), then go to bed.  Tomorrow is another day.

Nighthawk results

No comments:

Post a Comment